Bobur Bekmurodov, a member of the Legislative Chamber of the Parliament, is elected as the chairman of the Nationwide movement Yuksalish
On 27 July 2020, a meeting of the founders of the Nationwide Movement Yuksalish headed by the Chairman of the Senate of the Oliy Majlis Tanzila Narbaeva elected a new chairman of the Movement from the deputies of the Legislative Chamber of the Oliy Majlis.
Bobur Bekmurodov, a member of the Committee on Democratic Institutions, Non-State Organizations and Self-Government Bodies of Citizens of the Lower House of Parliaments, was elected to the position of the chairman of the movement.
Mr Bekmurodov was born on 5 January 1985 in Kashkadarya region. He is a graduate of the Uzbek State University of World Languages and the Tashkent Financial Institute. In 2005-2006, he was a student of the US program "Partnership for Academic Development" in Uzbekistan, 2018 - the management program of The John Smith Trust (UK).
During 2017—2019, he worked as the chief coordinator, deputy executive director of the Development Strategy Center, and executive director of the NWM Yuksalish. Since the beginning of this year, Bobur Bekmurodov, on a voluntary basis, worked as deputy chairman of the movement for program development and cooperation.
As his main priorities Mr. Bekmurodov highlighted:
• Mitigating the impact of the COVID Pandemic
• Development of strategies to improve conditions for the continuation of the labor activity of citizens
• Public awareness related to COVID-19
• Monitoring of the state program and development of proposals for completing gaps
• Improving dialogue between parliamentarians and the public
• Development of a dialogue and cooperation of civil society in Central Asia
• Building sustainable infrastructures for civil society institutions
• Development of youth programs
• Involvement of civil society institutions in anti-corruption processes
• Conducting public hearings and developing the activities of public councils
The team of the Nationwide Movement “Yuksalish” congratulates Bobur Bekmurodov on his appointment and wishes him success and fruitful work in his new position.
Press service of the Nationwide movement Yuksalish